Once you step inside Ikea you buy more than you intended and spend a lot more time you thought you would. That's the magic these Swedes developed.
Here are five useful and inexpensive things:
1. Set of colorful bowls, ideal for your kiddy's first meals (unless you're off plastic).
2. Beautiful, fun, quilt covers (unless you don't do comforters. This is turning out to be a very controversial list).
3. Baby proofing. They have almost everything you need (I'm sure we're all into baby proofing).
4. Big plastic storage box for the toys astray your living room floor.
5. The Ikea body lotion, shampoo and toothpaste smell lovely and get the job done.
Good luck navigating the kitchen utensil section... that's how they always get you!