Now at eight months Lucas is doing a myriad of things which I'm sure many babies have done before to the utter wonderment of their first time parents. He just started babbling (ok, so he's behind... lay off me!), he takes steps with assistance, he can pick up small tiny objects and many other fantastic things.
These are some of the things M. le Bonchibón enjoys doing - this is where he's at:
1. He's a champion all-star peek-a-booer. He even initiates the game.
2. Books with flaps. They will probably not last forever because Hercules here goes wild once in a while, but he can get his little fingers to poke those flaps open every time.
3. Critter McG loves loves loves (almost as much as I like saying things in triplicate, you know, for emphasis) games where he does something to us, such as touching Wynn's toes and making him laugh and giggle, or pulling on my hair, making my head drop forcefully (which seemed like a good idea at the time.)
4. The Bonchibón experiments with every cup, bowl and pot that crosses his way: he talks (fine, grunts) into them. The small echo is wonderful. (We do it too - it is pretty exciting).
5. He very recently started touching himself, experimenting. Every chance he gets. (How long till we stop thinking this is adorable?)
6. Zippers rock. Anyone wearing something with zippers is a friend.
7. Putting things over his head (or as far as his little arms will allow) makes him very, very proud.